Sewing Truth

Sewing Truth

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

An eternal perspective

I have been reminded once again of keeping an eternal perspective on life. It is so easy to focus on the problems I have each day, in the moment, without considering the eternal perspective and value.

Following are some question I have asked myself:

© “If I were to die today, how many people would miss me?” I was once told that one was in a very sad condition if people were glad you weren’t there or if they didn’t notice you were gone.

© “In what ways am I a ‘sweet-smelling aroma’ to others? Was I a draining or refreshing person to be around?”

© “When I die, will there be those who will have memories of a person who influenced them to become more like Christ? Or will I be merely a ‘fun person’ whose social entertainment will be missed?”

Although I do hope others enjoy being around me, I want to be a person who has utilized the time here on earth to bring glory to God by pleasing Him in all that I do through complete obedience and will have been used as an instrument to help others do the same (2 Corinthians 5:9-10). Whether someone encounters me for a moment or engages with me for years, I want to have made an eternal difference in others’ lives.

If I put off until tomorrow what I should be doing today, I will not be “redeeming the time.” (Psalm 90:12) I will have made a foolish choice. There may not be a tomorrow.

It is a wonderful testimony how many lives Mr. Rehrer impacted in his time here on earth. Many of these lives were impacted for eternity. I know mine was.

2 Corinthians 5:9-10 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Psalm 90:12 So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Ephesians 5:15-17 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

All verses are from the New King James Version.

No comments: